Butyl Tape 1"X.125"
Tacky Tape® SM5227 is a highly elastic butyl tape with excellent surface tack specifically designed for sealing metal roof panel joints and Standing Seam Roof (SSR) endlaps. Its superior surface tack allows it to adhere to metal substrates that are contaminated with light roll forming oil without prewiping the surface. It has excellent adhesion and compressibility to cold substrates. It is formulated without asbestos fillers.
- Oily GALVALUME®, GALVALUME PLUS®, ACRYLUME®, ZINCALUME®, Kynar 500®, aluminum, aluminized steel, polyvinyl fluoride and siliconized polyester painted metal
- No cracking or loss of adhesion at -40°F
- Service Temperature Range -40°F to 200°F
- Application Temperature Range -5°F to 120°F
- Elongation (ASTM C908) > 1000%
- Adhesive Tensile Strength (ASTM C907) 20 psi minimum
- Will resist fungal attack and not support mildew growth
- Meets AAMA 804-92 and 807-92 (this specification supersedes obsolete NAAMM Standard SS-1B-68)
- Meets ASTM E1680 Air InfiltrationMeets ASTM E1646 Water Leakage
Custom Corrugated Panel For Your Next Project
The Highest Quality
The Largest Metal Roofing Manufacturing & Installation
At Permanent Metal Roofing Systems, we fabricate the entire system in-house, we believe that we can be on a budget and provide the best quality products when our team controls all aspects of the metal roofing system.
Standing Seam Metal Roofs are a Permanent Roofing System with a lifetime warranty from us (PMRS), this will be the last roof you will ever put on your house.